Online Safeguarding Academy
Wondering how you’re going to stay up-to-date with the latest child protection & safeguarding rules and regulations?
Not sure how you can schedule or fund all the training needed to keep Ofsted happy?
Wishing someone else could take that stress away?
What you need is a simple solution that puts all your safeguarding training in one place, and makes it available anywhere, anytime.
That’s where the online Safeguarding Academy is your best friend
There is now a requirement for ALL staff working with children and young people to be kept regularly up to date.
Meeting that requirement can feel like an expensive, time-consuming, never-ending task.
Being up up to date is vital for all staff whether in further or higher education or youth outreach work
The Safeguarding Academy is an online training resource dedicated to helping professionals feel confident when addressing safeguarding issues.
I’m Kate and I’ve worked in safeguarding and child protection for over 15 years, including working directly with social services. I’m an experienced child protection lawyer, qualified mediator and trainer and for the last 9 years I’ve been training professionals including social workers, teachers, youth outreach workers & university teams
In that time I’ve seen professionals come up against the same problem time and again. There is only so much new knowledge they can take onboard during a dedicated training session, and Ofsted guidance changes so frequently that often that knowledge is out of date within months (even weeks) of attending a course.
I’ve designed the online Safeguarding Academy so that you and your team can:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest safeguarding & child protection guidance;
- Meet Ofsted requirements regarding ongoing safeguarding & child protection training;
- Access child protection training materials on whenever and wherever you need them;
….without needing to schedule costly, time-consuming training sessions.
What you’ll get for you monthly membership fee
Each month you’ll receive:
- Training video on a safeguarding topic all the trainings are available to you as soon as you joi, including all previous trainings. You’ll find it all in the online Academy.
- Workbook – to take your and your team’s learning deeper and a chance to apply it your own setting; and
- Reflection Journal – your CPD is now gained through reflection. You will always be able to show Ofsted and your professional body how you’ve developed your learning and understanding.
- Live Q & A with me where I answer your questions on the months’ topic
Get instant access to:
Every single piece of government guidance on child abuse and child protection issues including Working Together to Safeguarding Children and Keeping Children Safe in Education, Radicalisation guidance, MAPPA guidance, schools inspection handbook, social care compliance handbook and social media guide for parents
Training Videos on:
- Coercive and Controlling Behaviour
- Parental responsibility
- 26 week timetable for care proceedings
- Holiday issues – child protection guidance for out of school activity leaders
- Safeguarding issues arising from Pokemon
- Domestic abuse awareness
- Disclosures and recordings – why you need to get it right & how to get it right.
- Strategy meetings
- Child Protection Conferences
4 x 30 minute videos on the new, updated Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance
Plus free access to to the live webinars and replays.
You can access everything for only £29.99 a month
Plus, you’ll have access to all live webinars included in your membership (usually £29.00 each)
Watch webinars replays on:
Safeguarding in Sport; and
The Grooming Process
DBS Checks: What’s the Point
Quick reference guides to:
Teen domestic abuse
….so you know how to handle a situation if it arises.
Inside the online Safeguarding Academy you’ll find all the government and professional bodies guidance. It’s all there in one easy place for you to find.
It’s continuously updated with any new guidance which is released. You’ll always find the most current and up to date guidance.
There are also quick guides and template documents for you to download and use immediately.
Any free training I offer is always available to you. Once the free training is over, the videos and any materials are available in the online Safeguarding Academy.
You’ll also receive a weekly child protection & safeguarding update from me.
All you have to do is sign up, there’s no contract and no minimum term, just £29.99 a month. And you’ll get notification of any legal updates which will affect your child protection processes.
See inside the Academy
As member, you’ll also have access to our online courses, all part of your membership fee.
Courses* will include:
- Basic Safeguarding Awareness
- Domestic Abuse Awareness
- Introduction to Child Sexual Exploitation
To join, first choose your subscription plan and follow the instructions. Your log in details will be sent to you and you can log in as soon as you receive them.
The Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance puts safeguarding right at the heart of education settings. There is now a requirement for ALL staff to be kept regularly up to date.
“I have been waiting for something like this to come my way! I am absolutely thrilled to be a part in the Academy!”
Come join and make your life easier.
Access to a private Facebook group for support and guidance from peers.
Sign up, there’s no contract and no minimum term and nothing to lose.
“Kate Young has a lovely open and engaging teaching style that both informs whilst inviting the learners to successfully participate”
*Courses are being added to the site and will be available to members immediately upon publication