Online Safeguarding Academy
Do you ever internet search for guidance or procedures?
Worry you’ve spent ages searching just to find it’s unreliable?
Do you worry about where your training will come from without you Local Safeguarding Children’s Board’?
Wishing someone else could take that stress away?
What you need is a simple solution that puts all your safeguarding training in one place, and makes it available anywhere, anytime. If you ever need help to find any guidance or documentation I am just one email away.
That’s where the online Safeguarding Academy is your best friend
There is now a requirement for ALL staff working with children and young people to be kept regularly up to date.
Meeting that requirement can feel like an expensive, time-consuming, never-ending task.
Being up to date is vital for all staff whether in early years, school, further or higher education or youth work
The Safeguarding Academy is an online training resource dedicated to helping professionals feel confident when addressing safeguarding issues.
But it’s more than just a training resource. It’s your emergency resource.
I’m Kate and I’ve worked in safeguarding and child protection for over 15 years, including:
- working directly with children’s social services, fostering and adoption agencies as a child protection lawyer
- a qualified mediator
- a qualified trainer and train professionals including social workers, teachers, youth outreach workers & university teams
- Independent chair of a new Safeguarding Board for a group of colleges in the South East
- Ambassador for The Children’s Society
I’ve seen professionals come up against the same problem time and again.
You have a wealth of experience and knowledge, though sometimes there’s so much it’s hard to keep track and keep on top of everything.
Sometimes you just need to talk to someone or ask.
Whether it’s the latest resource, research or honing your peripheral vision with training, I’ve designed the online Safeguarding Academy so that you and your team can:
- Stay up-to-date with the latest safeguarding & child protection guidance;
- Meet Ofsted requirements regarding ongoing safeguarding & child protection training;
- Access child protection training materials on whenever and wherever you need them;
….without needing to schedule costly, time-consuming training sessions.
In my experience people react to situations. That’s the nature of child protection many a time. However good your planning and preparation, a new piece of guidance can throw you off.
As child protection professionals, we’re headed into new territory. Over the coming 15 months LSCB’s will be replaced with Local Safeguarding Partnerships. The Safeguarding Academy will help you through this transition period and beyond.
Plus, with all schools becoming Academy’s by 2020, will your Local Authority still be willing and able to assist you if you have a safeguarding query or question?
Take the doubt and worry away. Make sure you & your organization are prepared by joining the Safeguarding Academy.
What you’ll get for you monthly membership fee
Each month you’ll receive:
- Training video on a safeguarding topic all the trainings are available to you as soon as you join, including all previous trainings. You’ll find it all in the online Academy. Plus, you’ll also receive trainings from experts on wider safeguarding issues to really develop you skills and build your confidence in areas you don’t come across frequently.
- Workbook – to take your and your team’s learning deeper and a chance to apply it your own setting; and
- Reflection Journal – your CPD is now gained through reflection. You will always be able to show Ofsted and your professional body how you’ve developed your learning and understanding.
- Live Q & A – where I (or our monthly expert) answer your questions on the months’ topic
Get instant access to:
government guidance on child abuse and child protection issues including Working Together to Safeguarding Children and Keeping Children Safe in Education, Radicalisation guidance, MAPPA guidance, schools inspection handbook, social care compliance handbook and social media guide for parents
Training Videos on topics including:
- Sharing information
- Online Safety
- Coercive and Controlling Behaviour
- Parental responsibility
- 26 week timetable for care proceedings
- Holiday issues – child protection guidance for out of school activity leaders
- Domestic abuse awareness
- Disclosures and recordings – why you need to get it right & how to get it right.
- Strategy meetings
- Child Protection Conferences
Plus free access to the live webinars and replays.
You’ll have access to all live webinars included in your membership (usually £29.00 each)
Watch webinars replays on:
- Safeguarding in Sport; and
- The Grooming Process
- DBS Checks: What’s the Point
Quick reference guides to:
Teen domestic abuse
….so you know how to handle a situation if it arises.
Inside the online Safeguarding Academy you’ll find all the government and professional bodies guidance. It’s all there in one place for you to access quickly and easily whenever you need to.
It’s continuously updated with any new guidance which is released. You’ll always find the most current and up to date guidance.
You’ll also receive a weekly child protection & safeguarding update from me.
All you have to do is sign up, there’s no contract. You can access the Online Safeguarding Academy for less than the price of an e-learning safeguarding course. And you’ll get notification of any legal updates which will affect your child protection processes.
As member, you’ll also have access to our online courses, all part of your membership.
Courses will include:
- Basic Safeguarding Awareness
- Domestic Abuse Awareness
- Introduction to Child Sexual Exploitation
To join, first choose your subscription plan and follow the instructions. Your log in details will be sent to you and you can log in as soon as you receive them.
The Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance puts safeguarding right at the heart of education settings. There is now a requirement for ALL staff to be kept regularly up to date.
“I have been waiting for something like this to come my way! I am absolutely thrilled to be a part in the Academy!”
Come join and make your life easier.
Access to a private Facebook group for support and guidance from peers.
Sign up, there’s no contract and no minimum term and nothing to lose.
“Kate Young has a lovely open and engaging teaching style that both informs whilst inviting the learners to successfully participate”